Views
Helpful
Replies

EoMPLS - 3750ME Vs 3845

danpwalker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're in the design stage of implementing an EoMPLS enabled network and am just in the process of spec'ing the equipment. As a PE Ive drawn in either a 3845 router or a 3750 metro L3 switch. The 3750 metro is the cost effective option but Im leaning towards the 3845. However, I need to justify this choice and the 3750ME info is sparse.

Has anyone got any figures or experience in the choice of these devices? Both do MPLS/LDP/QoS/OPSF etc etc so Im assuming its a case of performance. Im having difficulty justifying the design without hard evidence :)

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

You may want to consider ME3750 and dedicate this device purely for the EoMPLS transport and aggregation of local links.

But the choice may depend on what kind of port density you are looking for, what media types fall under the local aggregation etc.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

You may want to consider ME3750 and dedicate this device purely for the EoMPLS transport and aggregation of local links.

But the choice may depend on what kind of port density you are looking for, what media types fall under the local aggregation etc.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Thanks for the input Swaroop.

Ive also discovered that MPLS is only supported on two of the 3750ME SE ports which means that the 3825/45 is the correct choice with the topology being deployed.

Useful link for router performance stats:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

Cheers.

Daniel that was a good link regarding product stats. can be used for comaprision and for ready reference.

Cheers,

Swaroop

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: