Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP offset

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

I have two border and two vpn routers all of them are in the same network (PI). (On border routers HWIC switch card is used, so all device is on the same vlan on pulic site)

B1---B2

|...........|

V1...V2

The border routers get default route using BGP and advertise to the VPN through EIGRP. My problem is that VPN routers receives both default route with the same distance. I would like to achieve that one default route is prefered over the other. I checked the offset-list command, but if I use this I will modify both default route. Is there a way to modify the distance only for one default route?

Thanks in advance

Bye

FCS

6 Replies 6

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You can use the interface parameter in the offset command, if both are received from different interfaces:

Router (config-router) # offset-list {access-list-number | access-list-name} {in | out} {offset value} [interface]

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

That's the problem both are coming on the same interaface.

Hi,

How are they receiving via the same interface ?

Is there any routing protocols running between B1 and B2, V1 and V2 ?

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

can you try using distance command under eigrp on VPN router.

Between the routers there is an EIGRP process. In both border routers 4ports HWIC card are installed and from these cards cable goes to the VPN and goes to the other border router and vice versa.

I tried distance eigrp command but it override distance for both default routes.

And distance command doesn't show any change in the routing table. Offset comand works well but the problem is that routing update comes on one interface. Now I use static routes for default routes, but I plan to remove them.

If I modify the parameters on the switch card of the interfaces it will not reflect in the distance of the route since I use VLAN interface - as I know and I saw this.

Any idea?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: