Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade ios

bethamprashanth
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco 2611MX router, I am about to upgrade ios so I would like to

1. Default ios, latest released ios with there size.

2. I also like to know Default ios, latest released ios of other router also.( Cisco 2691/2811 router, 3560/2960/3750 switches)

3. What happens if upgrading crashes in between? & what should I do if it happens.

4 Replies 4

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Use: software advisor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/support/tsd_most_requested_tools.html

The best way is to have enough flash to save old and new ios. Then its easy to fall back to the old ios. If it fail and you just have one ios in flash, you must do the upgrade from ROMMON.

HTH

Check the scroll-bar at the bottom right :)

BR,

Bjornarsb

Hi,

thanks for answer.

But it's asking for cco login information which i don't have. Is there any way to know the of answer 1&2 questions. can u copy that information and send it in a word doc.

Hi,

I don't want to give you information that requires CCO login, sorry :)

But if you have a cisco device in service and a default service sla the cisco partner has to give you CCO access.

IF you have bought a new router or switch lately default sla is a must and last for 1 year.

Br,

Bjornarsb

ok! no problem.

My next question is,

suppose i dont have enough flash to save both old and new ios, then I will make a copy of old IOS (as a backup) and install new IOS, then how should i start installing backup when new ios installation is crashed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco