Views
Helpful
Replies

Win 2000 server with Unity

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an old MCS 7800 series server. I am trying to install Unity 4.0.5. When I try to load the Windows 2000 server cd it gets to a certain point in the setup and tells me that it can not recognise the hard drive. The hard drive is working fine. Has anybody come across this problem before? Is there a way around?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Do you have an HP SmartStart CD for the server? I would be so inclined as to Boot from the SmartStart CD and start clean on this server. The SmartStart will load the Windows OS for you. You can even delete any existing drive configuration, which may be impeding you from loading the OS CD you have.

Ginger

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Do you have an HP SmartStart CD for the server? I would be so inclined as to Boot from the SmartStart CD and start clean on this server. The SmartStart will load the Windows OS for you. You can even delete any existing drive configuration, which may be impeding you from loading the OS CD you have.

Ginger

thanks, this worked a treat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: