Views
Helpful
Replies

interface priority based per vlan

zabryszabrys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

I've got problem with making prioriy based per vlan. My configuration looks like that:

swich---trunk---router 1800----frame-relay (a few pvc)---router 2800 ---trunk---switch

Both router has got similar configuration and they work as frame-relay swiching (command "frame-relay switching". Both has got only one physical serial interface and one ethernet

Between routers there are a few pvc and I've made prioriority per pvc (I used FR PIPQ). This part is fine.

I would like do similar prioritization on ethernet interfaces (on routers), based per vlan or subinterface or cos.

Is it possible ? Util now I couldn't find any way how to do this.

thanks in advance for help.

piotr.

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

If you can explain in bit more detail what exactly you want to achieve may be someone can help you with the same.

As far as per vlan port priority is concerned it is tweaked to manipulate the path from the switch to the root switch, load balancing on trunks etc. but your setup does not need that I believe.

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Basicly the point is to priority traffic from one end to another.

On one end I've got switch and on it I've got vlan 10 and vlan 20. Switch is connected to router trought trunk. Router works as a frame-relay switch and has got serial0. On serial0 I've got two pvc - first 10 and other 20. On serial interface I've used FR PIPQ so traffic from pvc 10 has high priority.

The problem is between switch and router. I would like to make high priority on eth interface of router for a traffic from vlan 10.

That's all.

If you have clue how to do this I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

piotr.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card