Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity to text cell

mwild
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get Unity to send my cell a text whenever I have voice mail. In Unity under the user/Message notifications I am using Text Pager 1.

I have tried several different emails, phone numbers ect in both the To: (E-mail address) and the From: (Phone number) fields.

I am however able to get Unity to call my cell by using the Phone 2 option.

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the following items:

1. Make sure you have the correct email address for your phone. Try sending an email directly to the address.

2. Make sure that the notification device is enabled.

3. Make sure the message type "Voice Messages" is checked and that "Only if urgent" is unchecked.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

We use goodlink so I can put in my work address, I have also tried the phone address, XXX-XXX-XXXX.mms.mycingular that it uses for text messeges, also tried the phone number. and in the from feild I am using my work phone number.

For "try sending..." in item 1, if possible this should be done from a mailbox on Unity's partner Exchange (or Domino) server. This ensures that the path correctly configured between the Unity message store and the external SMTP addresss you're sending to. A common problem is for Unity's Exchange server to not be properly configured for allowing outbound email.

-eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: