Unable to open the USB MENU for Cisco 7920

Unanswered Question

Hello everyboy,

Working with Cisco 7920, I have a problem to open the PHONE SETTINGS in order to open the USB MENU to send the configuracion by CISCO 7920 Utility.

Also when I want to get into the NETWORK CONFIG response "Not Available".

I already tried the factory default inside this document but I could not make it work.

Any Help welcome

Regards

Walter Flores

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Sat, 05/26/2007 - 11:38

Hi Walter,

Check the settings in CCM for this device and make sure that "Settings Access" is not disabled. Then try;

Administration options in the Network Config and Phone Settings menus are hidden by default to ensure that users do not make changes that can affect the operation of the phone. You need to start the administration mode on the phone in order to use the options.

Start the Administration Mode on the Phone

Complete these steps in order to open the administration options on the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920 so that you can access the hidden options on the Phone menu:

Press the Menu softkey.

Press (the star key). Press (the pound key), and then press (the pound key) again.

Press the green Phone key to open the administration mode.

Hidden options in the Network Config and Phone Settings menu appear.

Step 4 To hide the options, press any key in the first level submenu. Then press the green key.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800941bb.shtml

Rob

Actions

This Discussion