cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICT

jamjam200
Level 1
Level 1

are inter cluster trunks able to look at all the servers in the cluster. I have my ICT set up and it point to both pub and sub but when the pub is offline calls are not able to get accross. Should this work?

4 Replies 4

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

The most important thing with an intercluster trunk is to ensure that it is configured with a one-to-many relationship with respect to each cluster.

So, on cluster one, create an intercluster trunk to each of the servers in cluster two, i.e. the publisher and all subscribers that phones register too. Then on cluster two, create an intercluster trunk to each of the servers in cluster one, i.e. the publisher and all subscribers.

Depending on the numbers of servers in each cluster, you might have to create multiple ICTs since each ICT can only connect to three servers.

This should take care of things for you.

This document helps out as well....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094729.shtml

If this helps, please rate.

ok this is what I have set up.

cluster 1 = ICT1A = clutser 2 Pub / Cluster 2 Sub

Clutser 2 = ICT2A = Cluster 1 Pun / Cluster 1 Sub.

it seems that when the pub is down on cluster 2 no calls can get through to a phone on cluster 2

If I'm not mistaken, the trunk will have a device pool setting as well (sorry, not at my terminal right now). If so, make sure that the device pool for each clsuter has all the subscribers available to it.

Confirm that, or perhaps you can copy the trunk config page for each cluster to the forum for us to review.

Hi

I have checked my DP and the CMG contains both CM. Please see screen print of ICT setup

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: