cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EtherChannel Group Balancing, Help.

mahmoud.hattab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, if I create a two(2) channel-group 1&2, is it possible to balance those 2 groups? I have CSCO 2950G-12-EI it has only eight(8)ports members on each logical group (Port-Channel), what I want is more than eight(8) ports a total of twelve(12) as a one logical ports (Port-Channel). I am planning to connect a 3 2950G-12-EI switchport with loop and another redundant loop, then while im pinging HostA and HostB that is connected on S1 and S2, I will not encounter any timeout, using an etherchannel with 1 logical ports that has a 12 physical ports members. I've using this command using 2 swicthes, #channel-group 1 mode desirable non-silent, i've succesfully done the 8 members physical ports, what about for 12 ports? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

You cannot aggregate more than 8 ports in an etherchannel

rdboyd
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a way you can do what you might be after.

Configure the maximum of the eight physical ethernet interfaces into each port-channel. Make sure the vlans that are carried across are able to either be GLBP or load balanced with a routing protocol. If you are running the same VLANs across the two port-channels, run GLBP, if the vlans are complimentary, run a routing protocol. This will achieve the goals of running two port-channel groups.

regards

Rick

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card