cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EtherChannel Group Balancing, Help.

mahmoud.hattab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, if I create a two(2) channel-group 1&2, is it possible to balance those 2 groups? I have CSCO 2950G-12-EI it has only eight(8)ports members on each logical group (Port-Channel), what I want is more than eight(8) ports a total of twelve(12) as a one logical ports (Port-Channel). I am planning to connect a 3 2950G-12-EI switchport with loop and another redundant loop, then while im pinging HostA and HostB that is connected on S1 and S2, I will not encounter any timeout, using an etherchannel with 1 logical ports that has a 12 physical ports members. I've using this command using 2 swicthes, #channel-group 1 mode desirable non-silent, i've succesfully done the 8 members physical ports, what about for 12 ports? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

You cannot aggregate more than 8 ports in an etherchannel

rdboyd
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a way you can do what you might be after.

Configure the maximum of the eight physical ethernet interfaces into each port-channel. Make sure the vlans that are carried across are able to either be GLBP or load balanced with a routing protocol. If you are running the same VLANs across the two port-channels, run GLBP, if the vlans are complimentary, run a routing protocol. This will achieve the goals of running two port-channel groups.

regards

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card