cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 6.1(4) upgrade

franzsyntax
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there. Is there anyway to get a hold of newer software than the 6.1 with my normal private lowlevel account here? Also i'd like the newer version of PDm, as i am running the 1.1 version

Thax

5 Replies 5

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

The Pix 501 won't run anything above 6.x software even if you did have a valid contract with Cisco.

Hope this helps.

So if i understand you correct, i should be able to upgrade to v 6.2 or higher, but am not able to because i don't have a contract with cisco.

Is that correct?

Anyway, thanx for the very wuick reply

Yes, you need a Cisco contract and your PIX 501 requires a minimum of 8 MB Flash and 16 MB RAM to upgrade to 6.2 or higher.

Hope that helps.

Thanx, you have helped a lot.

Wonder if i could bother you just a bit more :-)

How do i make a access-list, hint, opening ouside ports to access internal IP addresses and ports? I have a server running, and need to open some ports for it. I got the rest working, so now i can access internet via PIX. My old router is almost dead:-) And i only want to use the PIX 501 as a router.

Heeeyyy, need to highlite my problem a bit.

A have read a lot of articles here on the forum, but i think i am to dumb :-)

Could you please type an example of how to open the port 10000 from ip 192.168.2.105 to 192.168.1.2 from the outside to inside. With everything involved, the examples i found missed some parameters, and i could not get it to work.

Youre the man.

Kind regards, Franz

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card