cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP

Hunt.Lee
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup my Voice Gateway using MGCP.

I setup the new 3825 on the CCM 5.1, then I have put in the following commands:-

mgcp

mgcp call agent 10.1.1.1

and I have reset the gateway on the CCM, but no MGCP config sync took place. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I just got a new 3845 and configured it with 4.1(3). Here are some of the things I had to watch out for:

- I had to change the card type to T1. This may not apply, but if you have a T1/E1 multiflex card you have to select the card type.

- The gateway name in CallManager has to match the gateway hostname exactly. If you have a domain set up then that has to be included in the gateway config. For example, if your hostname is vgw and the domain is set to acme.com, the config page has to be vgw.acme.com

- I had to enable 'ip routing' on the gateway. Can't remember if I did that before or after registration, but you need it either way.

- Finally, to make things simple for me, I enabled the config download so it configured the router and interfaces for me. You can always remove the config line if you want later, but you need it to be able to reset the gateway from CCM.

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager config server

ccm-manager config

Try these out and let us know how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: