Views
Helpful
Replies

Remains in Boot# prompt

deepa_network
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 801 router.it was having the ios 'c800-y6-mw.123-5d.bin'.I was trying to do a password recovery and now it is in boot# and not entering inside.

when i gave the command

boot# boot

Accessing flash:c800-y6-mw.123-5d.bin

boot flash: failed, "no such file"

Accessing tftp://192.168.1.179/c800-y6-mw.123-5d.bin

boot tftp: failed (1 second), "io error"

boot: failed, "no such file"

boot# list

Status Size Dev Name

------ 48K flash TinyROM-1.4(1)

8128K free 8192K total

what shall i do ?kindly help me resolve this issue.

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

It seems that for some reason your IOS is not on your flash, try configuring a tftp server and put the IOS on it "tftp://192.168.1.179/c800-y6-mw.123-5d.bin", this shall solve your problem, but after your router boots format the flash and copy the IOS to the flash again and make sure that the config-reg is 0x2102 save and reload the router.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check you connectivity with TFTP server first. try pinging it and check if you are able to reach it. If you can ping the server than try locating the file in its directory. Once the file is located you should be able to boot the router fine.

HTH,

-amit singh

Thanks to both of you.

I tried loading IOS thru tftp but it didnt load,showed 'ARP timeout'.

But i was able to load the IOS thru console to the ram and then copied it to the flash and everything is fine now.

Thanks once again for your prompt help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: