how can I run avaya IP phone or a PDA with callmanage4.1 ? any ideas

6 Replies 6

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IF the avaya phone is SIP based, you could.

For the PDA, I have a WM5 phone and loaded a piece of software, but I cant seem to find it. Basically, it emulates a 7960 on your phone with wireless. So I can connect my PDA with WiFi to the corp network, load this software, boot up and have it register with CCM as a 7960 phone. CCM sees your PDA as a 7960 and you can do everything you normally can. If I find it, I will post, or search the forums because I have posted in here before.

thank you very much, I found it. IP Plue softphone it is a very good one but it is very expensive 115$ per unit.

You can try it out for free. I think you get about 3 minutes of talk time before it expires. I used it and it works well. I think its worth the $115 if you really need it around the office.

yes I tried it, on imate but there was problems when making calls between 2 PDAs Echo problems) but I think it can be solved with some troubleshooting. The problem is that the customer has around 30 or 40 PDAs in the site so the amount of money will be big for his budget.

BTW for the avaya phone I found docs on avaya stating that there phones will only work with there call processing server, even the SIP Phone only works with thier server. I remember a conversation in a meeting held by Cisco with a Cisco system engineer he told me that avaya is encapsulating its protocol into SIP packets, that why I think even SIP phones will not work with CM 5

I want to integrate the PDA with CallManager. The PDA I test is Intermec PDA, Windows mobile 5 with the messaging and security feature pack.

I want to use the PDA as an IP Phone.

How could I get the software you are speaking about.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: