cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco pix and cisco router.

akademiks
Level 1
Level 1

my friends company is planning to start a new location and is planning to suport about 20 pcs. they are gonna use 1 routerand a cisco 506 firewall. i am not sure what type of routing protocol to use in this scenario.. they will have to conect to another router about 10 miles away for the servers and they want to connect to the same location for database updates as well.. so the things im not sure is... will it be helpful if we configure the same routing protocolthat is used in the other location . and if anybody could kindly gimme a link to firewall documentation. i am completely out of touch with the firewall settings. thanks a ton

1 Reply 1

Hi,

For your setup, static route is sufficient.you can also routing protocols as well if you wish.

If you go for routing protocols then same routing protocol should be configured at both ends.

Here is the link for Pix 506 configuratuion guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/configuration/guide/overvw.html.

Revert me back, If you have any doubts. you can send them to my personnel-id also.

Jaffer_sathik2010@yahoo.com.

Please rate all helpful posts.

--Jaffer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: