Passed BCSI Yesterday!

Unanswered Question
May 27th, 2007

Hello all. I took my first last attempt a about a month ago, failed just barely. I know the material , but im a sucker for trick questions. ANyway yesterday I passed it with a 955!! wooohoo!!. On to the next CCNP exam BCMSN. ANyone take this exam yet? Im curious if it is as hard as the BCSI was

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cameron.moody Sun, 05/27/2007 - 20:57

Congrats on such a great score!

I am thinking of doing BSCI in the next few months but wondering about equipment for lab study.

Which equipment did you use for your study? I am kinda scared at the suggestion on the cisco site of having a minimum of 2811 series routers! (due to cost). What do you think of doing study on lower end or older routers?

eriknixon Sun, 05/27/2007 - 21:02

Thanks Cameron. You really dont need the 2800 series routers, but you do need an up to date version of IOS to bet the IPv6 functionality i believe. FYI, I didnt use physical lab equipment. I used dynamips. You can virtualy load routers on your PC, with real IOS images. You can even use SecureCRT to connect to them, its really cool actually. I used 3640's, and was able to do all the labs necessary to pass the exam.

The only bad thing about Dynamips is that you cant really use it to prepere for the Switching exam. Lets be real, the switching modules is not the same as a real switch. You loose alot of the functionlity that a switch gives us.

Good luck with your exam

srue Mon, 05/28/2007 - 05:05

About whether or not BCMSN is more difficult or easier than BSCI mostly comes down to experience. Given the same amount of experience with each topic, the tests should be comparable in level of difficulty. When I did them, I thought the switching exam was more difficult, because that's what I had less experience with. If i were to take either exam today, I'd think the switching exam were easier, mainly due to experience.

Actions

This Discussion