cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call transfer in CME+CUE

a.rayen83
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have configured CME and CUE, all IP phones works normaly, but the transfer call do not work normaly, the person who do the transfer can not talk with the destination to know if he want to take the call or not, the transfer is done automaticly without consult of the person, please i wanna to solve this problem, because in other configuration of CME without CUE the transfer call work with consulting. i hope that i have explinaid well the problem, Thanks

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abderrahim,

In CME you have have a sytem wide Transfer setting (transfer-system {blind | full-blind | full-consult [dss] | local-consult} as well as the ability to override this setting on a phone by phone basis (ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line] **transfer-mode {blind | consult}). You probably need to choose something like transfer-system full-consult. Have a look at the following;

Configuring Call Transfer

This procedure enables support for network calls that use the H.450.2 standard and allows you to optionally specify a range of allowable transfer destinations.** It also allows you to override the global setting for blind or consultative transfer for individual ephone-dns and block transfers to external destinations by individual ephones.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. telephony-service

4. transfer-system {blind | full-blind | full-consult [dss] | local-consult}

5. transfer-pattern transfer-pattern [blind]

6. exit

7. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

8. transfer-mode {blind | consult} **

9. exit

10. ephone-template template-tag

11. transfer-pattern blocked

12. transfer max-length digit-length

13. exit

14. ephone phone-tag

15. ephone-template template-tag

16. restart

17. Repeat Step 14 to Step 16 for each phone on which you want transfer capability limited.

18. end

Use the show running-config command to verify your configuration. Transfer method and patterns are listed in the telephony-service portion of the output. You can also use the show telephony-service command to display this information.

If you have used the transfer-mode command to override the global transfer mode for an individual ephone-dn, use the show running-config or show telephony-service ephone-dn command to verify that setting.

This would show up like this;

ephone-dn 40 dual-line

number 451

description Main Number

huntstop channel

no huntstop

transfer-mode blind**

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a7ff9.html#wp1071598

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, it's extremly helpful for me, i will test it, but i wanna know why with a default configuration of CME in other labs that i do,the call transfer work normally without any added configuration, Thanks

Hi Abderrahim,

The default for this Parameter changed between CME 3.3 and CME 4.0 (from blind to full-consult) maybe this is what you are seeing :)

Cisco Unified CME Version 4.0 and later transfer-system Command Default = full-consult

Cisco Unified CME Version 3.0 to 3.3 transfer-system Command Default = blind

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807dc2b0.html#wp1114215

Hope this helps!

Rob

ok, i will do this configuration, i hope that it will work normaly, thanks for all Rob,

Abderrahim

hi Rob,

finaly it work normaly now, the problem was in the Dual-line, before i had a single DN, i had delete thos DN, and i had created a dual-line DN. Thanks

Abderrahim

now i have another question, in my CME i have registred a mac address with an ephone, than i want to regiter another mac address in this ephone after deleting the first, the problem that i can't do it, the first mac address is in database, i want to delete this mac address for this ephone to adding an other. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: