Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding to Reception issue

dlumsden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am experiencing a problem with call forwarding. When person A is called and he has configured forwarding to person B, and the person B does not answer, the call is then forwarded to the reception in a different city. I have no clue where to look for this setting... any help would be appreciated

thanks

4 Replies 4

vassatrian
Level 1
Level 1

What type of call processing do you use?

CCM, CME?

Usually once call is forwarded then you will not be able to revert control back to original called party.

Based on information you have provided I would recommend to use UNITY voice-mail and write a script where user presses 0 for reception.

Regards,

Vakhtang

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Douglas,

Have a look at the Forward No Answer setting on the Person B/Directory Number config.

Hope this helps!

Rob

It is set to Forward Busy & No Answer to Voicemail. Forward All is cleared.

We're using CCM4.0, and the problem seems to be global, all phones are affected.

When you call directly PersonB and he doesn't answer - the call is forwarded to VoiceMail Port.

If PersonA sets forwarding to PersonB, then you call PersonA and both do not answer, the call is forwarded to VoiceMail Pilot. In some cases the call is forwarded to reception...

vassatrian
Level 1
Level 1

Another way of achieving it - hunt groups

You either deliver call to hunt group where users are hunt group members:

1. user A

2. user B

3. reception

or call forward to hunt group.

Regards,

Vakhtang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: