converting 7912G sccp to sip (non-callmanager)

Answered Question
May 28th, 2007
User Badges:

hi there,

i need to change my phone's firmware, from sccp 8.0.1 build 051117A to sip 8.0.1 build 060412A

the tftp server is my machine using pumpkin, isolated and connected to the phone thru a x-cable

i'm trying to perform this change by converting gk<mac>.txt file with cfgfmt.exe

the phone requests normally the gk file, and receives it, but when it is trying to request the .sbin file, i see the tftp error message: tftp timeout and tftp error code 5, with error message "undefined error"

i tried several degrees of timeout setting in tftp server, it seems it does not affect this misbehaviour

i know it's difficult to determine what specific error it is, but has someone seen sth like that?

thank you

Correct Answer by paolo bevilacqua about 10 years 1 month ago

Hi,

The phone is probably requesting also an xml configuration file, check requested files via tftp, make one avail to the phone with the correct load version in it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
paolo bevilacqua Mon, 05/28/2007 - 09:55
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

The phone is probably requesting also an xml configuration file, check requested files via tftp, make one avail to the phone with the correct load version in it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does

haeep Mon, 05/28/2007 - 11:37
User Badges:

you are so right, i thought this sep.cnf.xml file would not be necessary but i realized its request comes before the actual upgrade takes place, after which it requires gk file.

tks a lot!

paolo bevilacqua Mon, 05/28/2007 - 14:23
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Indeed. Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Actions

This Discussion