cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full Duplex

cheeang69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have 2 cisco 2950 switches connected/linked together by 2 EtherMux Microwaves 100Mbyte Link, one on each site. These Ethermux Microwave devices only support 100 Full duplex. Before I turn on the 100 full duplex on the switches, the link is very reliable. After I had turned it on (speed 100, full duplex), the link are very unstable, sometime it will drop packet and result in connectivity lost

3 Replies 3

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

Can you pls check with the vendor of the MUX regarding the Speed / Mode of the MUX interface.

I hope Auto Mode will work perfectly for this issue. Can you pls check & answer

Pls Rate if helps

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

I had checked with the vendor, they said the MUX only support 100Mbyte Full Duplex

Hi,

As a concept you must have either both sides Auto negotiation, or you'll have to manually config both sides with 100/Full. (according to your symptoms the MUX supports Auto, and when you manually set on the switch to 100/Full your MUX defaults to Half duplex which is your problem).

Another thing you might need to check here is your cables.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco