Views
Helpful
Replies

Combining 2 links to make it is single virtual link

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

i have got 2 point-to-point links (2 Nos of 2 Mbps) which is connected via 2 different service providers, they have ethernet output, so i hav terminated in the cisco 2960 switch on both the ends with the etherchannel configuraion. but the etherchannel doesn't work, i mean i am it couldn't combine the 2 ports in to 1. find the config below which i hav done on both the switches.

OFFICE-A SWITCH

interface port-channel 1

interface fas 0/1

channel-group 1 mode on

interface fas 0/2

channel-group 1 mode on

OFFICE-B SWITCH

interface port-channel 1

interface fas 0/1

channel-group 1 mode on

interface fas 0/2

channel-group 1 mode on

when i see the interface status of port-channel 1 i could see only 100 Mbps, not 200 Mbps.

"show interface port-channel 1"

what would hav went wrong.

Note: both the links are working individually, but i wanted to make it working as a single 4 Mbps link

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

Beside the fact that as mentioned in a separate thread, I don;t think that portchannel is an adquate method to support WAN link aggregation, you may want to review you PaGP / LACP configuration and negotiation is successful:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5213/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cdf8d.html#1020401

Thankz for ur reply,

but in my situation i want to load balance, so how do i go head? via serial link i can do virtual template, but how abt on ethernet across WAN?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card