Views
Helpful
Replies

Combining 2 links to make it is single virtual link

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

i have got 2 point-to-point links (2 Nos of 2 Mbps) which is connected via 2 different service providers, they have ethernet output, so i hav terminated in the cisco 2960 switch on both the ends with the etherchannel configuraion. but the etherchannel doesn't work, i mean i am it couldn't combine the 2 ports in to 1. find the config below which i hav done on both the switches.

OFFICE-A SWITCH

interface port-channel 1

interface fas 0/1

channel-group 1 mode on

interface fas 0/2

channel-group 1 mode on

OFFICE-B SWITCH

interface port-channel 1

interface fas 0/1

channel-group 1 mode on

interface fas 0/2

channel-group 1 mode on

when i see the interface status of port-channel 1 i could see only 100 Mbps, not 200 Mbps.

"show interface port-channel 1"

what would hav went wrong.

Note: both the links are working individually, but i wanted to make it working as a single 4 Mbps link

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

Beside the fact that as mentioned in a separate thread, I don;t think that portchannel is an adquate method to support WAN link aggregation, you may want to review you PaGP / LACP configuration and negotiation is successful:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5213/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cdf8d.html#1020401

Thankz for ur reply,

but in my situation i want to load balance, so how do i go head? via serial link i can do virtual template, but how abt on ethernet across WAN?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card