Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FAC

Level 1
Level 1

I am using CCM 4.2. I am thinking of a way for users to change FAC by theirselves. As we know, FAC acts like a PIN or password to route a call. In security consideration, password should not be known by anybody (even administrator) except the user who has the password. Is there a way for users to change their FAC by theirselves ?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Currently there is no option available for the end user to change the FAC Code. Since FAC is not connected to any user, if anyone changes the FAC Code, there would be no accounting available for the utilization of the code.

Also, AFAIK, there is nothing planned to change this behaviour as well.

I don't know why other pbx can do, but ccm can't. Don't you think that it will be better to integrate FAC with user database ? so user can change it via ccmuser.

accounting is not quite strong reason to keep FAC like this.

Only someone from the BU would be able to answer as to why it was designed this way and yes, if it is integrated with the User DB it should be possible for user to be able to change it. I'd recommend contacting your Cisco Account's Team so that they can discuss this with the BU and see if it can be integrated with User DB or not

So, what are you doing when deploying FAC to users ? Do you supply them administrator stated password or let them put in password one by one ? what if user want to change its password ? (of course, administrator will get very-extra-work for this if there are hundreds of users to do so).

I know the process can add a lot of administration overhead and increase the time taken to complete this task. One option you can use when confirguring FAC is to use BAT and do a bulk insert of FAC Codes and then provide them to the users.

Not sure how practical would it be for you to have the user enter it one by one. Also, do note that FAC Codes are displayed to the administrators even after they are added.

Also, do note that FAC Codes are displayed to the administrators even after they are added.

This one is what I think that is not secure.

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

I dont think its possible ... since FAC is not User dependent and it is enabled on Route Patterns.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802e225e.html

So this can be configured by the CCM Administrator.

If you are looking for user dependent PIN "Extension Mobility" is the feature ..however it is totally different then FAC.

So the conclusion is :

there is no way to change FAC by user itself.

Any comment ?

I think this is one of the weakness of CCM =)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: