Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP quality

leungcm
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

We setup 10 AS5400 and AS5300. Some users reported that the voice quality is not so good. How do we check the voice quality of AS5X00? Any idea?

Best regards

CM Leung

3 Replies 3

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It is thought question and bring up hundreds other like:

What kind of quality issue arose? Was the voice choppy or echo experienced or what? Is this quality degradation occational or permanent. Does it depend on the network utilization? Is there any other traffic out of voip?

The quality degradation may have several reasons but most probably your IP network is the problem and some packets are being lost or delayed. Try to set up a scenario where there is only voice traffic on the network and make few test calls or implement qos through your network.

Hope it helps,

Krisztian

Dear Sir,

It is not easy to simulate the bad voice call. So, we would like to make use the existing data (e.g. CDR) to find out the bad voice call.

If the voice call is active, there is a lot of data we can collect, e.g. packet loss rate. After the call is over, we can get the re/tx rate or packet size only.

from my stand point, I would like to know how bad voice of the as5x00. e.g. 100 is full mark, 80 is good, 60 is accept, 50 fail, ....

we would like to know my as5x00 rating.

So, how to get similar figure from the as5x00?

please advice.

best regards

cm leung

If the CDR inculdes icpif value then you can identify the bad quality calls. This link desribes the icpif:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080441850.html#wp1049567

I think you can configure the gateway to send snmp trap if the icpif exceed a given value.

Hope it helps, rate if does,

Krisztian

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card