Helpful
Replies

BSCI Books from Cisco Press whats the difference

rossmillan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been a bit confused, I have borrowed a friends book:

CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide Third Edition by Clare Gough.

Now I see on cisco press a different 3rd Edition with similar title as recommended for the 642-901:

CCNP 642-901 BSCI Exam

Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), Third Ed. Diane Teare, Catherine Paquet

I plan to buy my own book, but was waiting to see what cisco would release. Are these books the same, only with the updated content? This is what I am hoping.

Any help appreciated.

Ross

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hai_manish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Both the books are different." Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), Third Ed. Diane Teare, Catherine Paquet" is a self study guide where u'll be having all theoritical details about all topics. But "CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide Third Edition by Clare Gough" is a exam certification guide where u'll be having lot of sample questions on all topics and there solutions. I'll suggest u to first go through the self study guide and then go for certification guide.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [Pls Rate if Helps]

"CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide Third Edition by Clare Gough".

---For Old syllabus which got retired by December 2006.

---This Book will help you in Exam Point of View of Preparation.

CCNP 642-901 BSCI Exam

Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), Third Ed. Diane Teare, Catherine Paquet

---For New Syllabus effective from Jan 1st 2007 onwards.

---Self Study book teaches readers to design, configure, maintain, and scale routed networks that are growing in size and complexity.

---CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide will be in Market by August 2007.

Concepts of Protocols, etc., are same but the EXAM SYLLABUS has been Updated. So, i would like to recommend you to goahead with new Book as prescribed by Cisco inorder to avoid difficulties in Exams.

PLS RATE IF HELPS ! !

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The Self-Study guide and the Exam Certification guide are two different things.

Self-Study Guides, which are based on Cisco courses for the related exams, provide essential foundation learning and thoroughly cover topics addressed in those courses. These books assume no prior knowledge of the subject matter and take a detailed approach to tutorial-based learning. Book elements within the Self-Study Guide Series feature real-world case studies, configuration examples, and chapter-ending review questions, making them useful on the job, in addition to exam preparation.

Exam Certification Guides help prepare candidates for Cisco certification exams. These books assume readers have attained the necessary learning foundation and experience for a certification test and are reviewing material before exam time. They include summary information that details critical information on key exam topics and a companion CD-ROM, which contains a powerful testing engine that can be customized with practice exam questions and simulation-based questions, adaptable performance trackers, and the complete text in electronic format.

If you have enough money then buy both :)

Krisztian

hai_manish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Both the books are different." Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), Third Ed. Diane Teare, Catherine Paquet" is a self study guide where u'll be having all theoritical details about all topics. But "CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide Third Edition by Clare Gough" is a exam certification guide where u'll be having lot of sample questions on all topics and there solutions. I'll suggest u to first go through the self study guide and then go for certification guide.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: