cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTC displays Unknown#

newtech_hut
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ONS15454 connected as a ring. Previously, when I log in CTC it displays both nodes. But now when I login from any 1 of them, CTC only displays the directly logged in node and 2 DCC lines; the other displayed as Unknown#. I search docs and it says that "Node initializing for the first time".

What should I do to resolve this problem? I have already "Delete CTC cache", Reset TCC card, re-create DCC channel, both nodes use the same Username/Password and in the same subnet.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

mcavalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In this cases, it's correct to delete CTC cache and (if you can) reset TCC cards.

Some questions:

- Do nodes have same SW version?

- How do tou reset TCC cards and re-created DCC, via TL1 or via CTC on node that you can reach?

- Both nodes are connected into same LAN?

You must to have a management network which operate parallel with data network. It mean, yours LAN ports on the both TCC card can ping each other. So, when you can manage two ONS node.

Cheers.

rick.king
Level 1
Level 1

How was the DCC communicating? OSPF, Proxy? Was Proxy potentially turned on and someone disabled it?

klowen
Level 1
Level 1

Please make sure your username and password are the same in each node. I see this with new nodes added to our network until my usernamce and password are added to the new node. After my username and password are added I must log out of CTC and then log back in. The node then shows properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco