Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity auto attendant

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are implementing an auto attendant on the unity.THe requirnment is when a calls comes on a perticular number THe prompt should play asking for the desired extension if the desired extension is not known then the call should be transfered to operator by pressing 0.Is there a good document to do this completely.Anyways we have configured a call handler and call routing for this number.The call routing routes the number to the call handler.Then the call handler gives an invite message and by pressing the number we are able to transfer it to the operator but now when we are pressing 0 it says the operator is not available.2 Also i need to transfer it to the extensions directly if anybody knows the extension number.

9 Replies 9

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Out on ciscounitytools.com, there is a great resource for AudioText applications in Unity - http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Audio%20Text%20Applications%20in%20Unity.doc

This text was included in the Cisco Unity Deployment and Solutions Guide, a super book if you want to learn more about Unity :-)

When you press 0 and hear the Operator is not available, this tells me you are going to the default Opening Greeting call handler. On the caller input keys section of your handler, hit the 0-key and code an alternative route. You want to make this 0-out a subscriber who is going to answer the phone or, for example, the directory number of a hunt group that is answered on one or more phones. On a call handler, you can allow callers to key in an extension at any time. It is on the Caller Input page, check the box "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting". Of course, you will want to tell the caller that in your recorded system prompts.

Sincerely, Ginger

hI

I have got the transfer to the operator right but when i dial the extension it does not get transfered to the ccm.Do i need to create a diffrent call handler for that.

Are the extensions you are trying to dial VM subscribers? If not you will need to setup the Caller System Transfer and edit the Restrictions Table in Unity.

No the requirnment isw for any ccm user even if he does not have a voice mail facility.

Then you need to send the calls to the Caller System Transfer Call Handler and then edit your restriction table to allow dilaing to those extension.

Thanks now its working fine.As in it initially plays the prompt welcome prompt and asks for 1 for the desired ext and 0 for operator.When 1 is pressed it askes for the number whish to dial.Theere is a system recordind saying enter the number u wish to transfer,after the number is dialled it says if the thats the number then dial 1.Is there a way to remove the system default tones.I saw a doc to remove the wait while i transfer the call prompt but there is no option on the unity in caller transfer.

There is a way but it is unsupported by TAC. If you want it I will tell you, email me offline.

:-)

rlp

I'd be intrested in the wait while I tranfer doc if you kept it. Also is there anyone that has had issues with the Directory not picking up all the subscribers?

One of the most common causes of someone not being listed in the directory is because they never recorded their name. You can run the Subscriber Information Dump from the Unity Tools Depot to see who does/doesn't have a name recorded.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: