Views
Helpful
Replies

reg:mpls

vasuramnet
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

My customer is taking bsnl vpn lines for this ce router no ios required and remote side which router is suggestable for this connectivity and point to multipoint any pdf is there plz kindly advice me.

regards

srinivas.D

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Srini

How many point to point links are going to terminate on the router ?

Are you going to have any QOS/Security features enabled on the routers ?

Whats the bandwidth of each link which is getting terminated on the router ?

Deciding the rite platform is based on the link spec and also the traffic which it suppose to handle/process..

regds

Dear premkumar,

Thanks for ur valuble reply.

1)5 remote locations terminated on the central router 2821 and remote side router is 1841.

2)each line is 2mbps.

3)which way is the best.but my isp provider is giving mpls vpn lines.

and iam attaching the diagram also so plz go through that and suggest me the best solution.

Regards

srinivas.D

Hi Srini

Do you have different traffic patterns in your networks (like voice/video/sap/erp) ?

Have you decided on where you are going to place your servers which will be accessed by the remote locations...

If you are having different traffic patterns in your network then you need to plan the QOS markings with respect to your SP's markings.

I feel you need to be under managed services which most of the SP's normally call it as and in which the markings done by the CPE will be honored and carried forward in the SP network with appropriate priority/guarantee to your applications..

regds

Dear sir,

1)There is no voice only datatransfer.

2)In my customer plce all the servers on dmz port.all servers should acceses all remote users.so plz help me.

Regards

srinivas.D

Hi Srini

In normal SP scenario if its gonna be only data transfer between the HO and remote locations you just can go with the QOS mapping they give it for the mission critical applications.

You need to mention the same to the SP so that they can mark accordingly in ur CE and carry it forward in their network.

Also do you have any analysis on the concurrent bandwidth at the HO site ?

Based on that you can specify the mpls port instead of having 10Mbps mpls port in the ho which may not be required at any point of time but you end up paying for the over subscription..

Also make sure about the connectivity type being given at all these locations ..

If you are gonna use backup connectivity to the primary ones then you need to check out for the primary media type as well as the backup connectivity mode...

regds

Dear sir,

Thanks for ur valuble reply.plz any pdf for point to multipoint mpls pdf

Regards

srinivas.D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card