Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.1 authen-failure-code

tgrundbacher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm running a productive ACS 4.1 server that authenticates wireless users using LEAP. Today, we had a service outage, and when I look into the log, among other messages, I can see the following authen-failure-code: Internal error.

It appeared several times for multiple authentication attempts and disappered again w/out any interaction from my side. Neither can I figure out what it means, nor what to do to prevent it from happening again.

Does anybody know what it means?

Thanks

Toni

1 Reply 1

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Toni.

Nobody's answered this in the last couple of days, so I'll tell you what I can.

This error is generic in nature and the few times I've seen it, it has related to a misconfiguration on the ACS (different types) with different wireless authentication methods (EAP-FAST, LEAP, etc.). To really track this issue down though is going to take some debugging with verbose logging, and that wouldn't be prudent to put on the forum (due to the sensitive nature of some of the logged messages), so I think the best thing I can do is to recommend you open a TAC case on this so that in-depth debugging can be performed.

Sorry I can't do better than that.

-Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: