Routersim 5.0 vs. Boson Netsim 6.0

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2007

Hello to all, I'm a first time poster and have found these forums to be a great help in preparing for my CCNA exam. I would just like some info regarding these simulators because there really isn't much in terms of reviews out there for both. Has anyone actually purchased these recently and have had a positive experience in terms of getting some "hands on" work with Cisco equipment? I know that nothing beats the real thing, but at the moment, I can only really afford a simulator and the books.

I have had some experience with Cisco routers and the IOS but it was about 3 years ago and I don't have access to those racks anymore (changed companies and job). Thanks in advance for the help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dnallc2004 Wed, 05/30/2007 - 08:22

I have used Boson Netsim 6.0, however I'm not that familiar with the Routersim product. For anyone seeking their CCNA, and CCNP certifications the NetSim is the perfect product and covers all the typical types of scenarios associated with the associate and professional level tracks of the routing and switching tests. Purchase this before wasting money on lab equipment that you don't need. I would recommend going with the CCNP version of the product to get it's full functionality. Here's a comparison ( hope this helps, and good luck on your exams.

This Discussion