CCM Line Group "Broadcast Algorithm"

Answered Question

I'm running CCM 4.1(3) and am looking to use the Line Group algorithm. After ringing all phones in the Line Group, I'd like to send to a VM mailbox. I do not see in the doc and am puzzled by the affects of Hunt Options "No Answer, Busy and Unavailble" on the Broadcast algorithm. I would think these are igrnored and I would just enter into my Hunt Pilot's Hunt Forwarding Settings to go to Voicemail if no one picks up from my Line Group. Can anyone speak to how the "Broadcast" algorithm is affected by the Hunt Options?

Thanks,

Mike.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 9 years 6 months ago

Hi Mike,

You are correct here :) The setting will be applied at the Hunt Pilot level (to Forward to VM)

The Hunt Option settings at the Line Group level speak more to forwarding to other Line Group members or possibly to another Line Group completely as setup in the Hunt List. As you have noted these settings would apply more to the other Algorithms like Circular,Top Down or Longest Idle as Broadcast is already ringing all the member phones immediately.

No Answer

For a given distribution algorithm, choose a hunt option for Cisco CallManager to use if a call is distributed to a member of a line group that does not answer. This option gets applied at the member level.

Busy

For a given distribution algorithm, choose a hunt option for Cisco CallManager to use if a call is distributed to a member of a line group that is busy.

Not Available

For a given distribution algorithm, choose a hunt option for Cisco CallManager to use if a call is distributed to a member of a line group that is not available. The Not Available condition occurs when none of the phones that are associated with the DN in question are registered. Not Available also occurs when Extension Mobility is in use and the DN/user is not logged in.

Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member. If unsuccessful, Cisco CallManager then tries the **next line group in a hunt list.

Try next member, but do not go to next group - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member. Cisco CallManager stops trying upon reaching the last member of the current line group.

Skip remaining members, and go directly to next group - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager skips the remaining members of this line group when the RNA reversion timeout value elapses for the first member. Cisco CallManager then proceeds directly to the **next line group in a hunt list.

Stop hunting - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager stops hunting after trying to distribute a call to the first member of this line group and the member does not answer the call.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed665.html#wp1027362

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
rob.huffman Tue, 05/29/2007 - 08:34

Hi Mike,

You are correct here :) The setting will be applied at the Hunt Pilot level (to Forward to VM)

The Hunt Option settings at the Line Group level speak more to forwarding to other Line Group members or possibly to another Line Group completely as setup in the Hunt List. As you have noted these settings would apply more to the other Algorithms like Circular,Top Down or Longest Idle as Broadcast is already ringing all the member phones immediately.

No Answer

For a given distribution algorithm, choose a hunt option for Cisco CallManager to use if a call is distributed to a member of a line group that does not answer. This option gets applied at the member level.

Busy

For a given distribution algorithm, choose a hunt option for Cisco CallManager to use if a call is distributed to a member of a line group that is busy.

Not Available

For a given distribution algorithm, choose a hunt option for Cisco CallManager to use if a call is distributed to a member of a line group that is not available. The Not Available condition occurs when none of the phones that are associated with the DN in question are registered. Not Available also occurs when Extension Mobility is in use and the DN/user is not logged in.

Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member. If unsuccessful, Cisco CallManager then tries the **next line group in a hunt list.

Try next member, but do not go to next group - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member. Cisco CallManager stops trying upon reaching the last member of the current line group.

Skip remaining members, and go directly to next group - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager skips the remaining members of this line group when the RNA reversion timeout value elapses for the first member. Cisco CallManager then proceeds directly to the **next line group in a hunt list.

Stop hunting - If you choose this hunt option, Cisco CallManager stops hunting after trying to distribute a call to the first member of this line group and the member does not answer the call.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed665.html#wp1027362

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion