Wireless Controller Troubleshooting

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2007

I've implemented a 4404 and I've got a number of AP's associated. I've got 1 that went down and I know the MAC but I haven't documented the names. Is there a way to find out what the name of the downed AP is? I can't seem to find the information. I know it would be easier if I was using WCS but unfortunately I'm waiting on licensing. I'm guessing I should've documented better...Any help is appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
ankbhasi Tue, 05/29/2007 - 10:41

Hi Friend,

If your AP is completely down and no more connected to controller then there is no way you can track from controller.

The only way left is you can access the switch on which these APs are connected and over there you can find the switchport on which they are connected using a command "sh mac-address-table address " and that will give you the port number on switch to which this AP is connected and then you can issue a command "sh cdp nei detail" and this will give you AP name also.

But this method is only possible when your AP is power up and connected to switch.

*Pls rate all helpfull post

NKCH Tue, 05/29/2007 - 10:54

That's what I thought....Ahh well. It was worth asking at least.

rob.huffman Tue, 05/29/2007 - 10:59

Hi Ankur,

Very nice answer here! Surely worthy of 5 points from this end.

Thanks for your continued support,

ankbhasi Wed, 05/30/2007 - 07:29

Hey Rob,

Thanks for appreciating my efforts and in addition your contribution to this forum is invaluable.

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode