Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI hang up call

aleja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to hang up a call on an IP Phone using JTAPI. I've tried to use connection.disconnect, however after disconnecting the call it lets the line open and beeping. Is there a way, without using an xml push, to hang up 'totally'?

thanks,

alej

4 Replies 4

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Isn't that how things work on a CCM? The continuing to beep (I'm not a 100% sure you can reconfigure that) seems to be a standard for Cisco (and various SIP phones for that matter), whereas other PBXes take the device on hook after a few beeps.

There's also Call.drop() though I've never used it.

Even on the Alcatel systems I work with.. when I drop a call via CTI, the device plays the busy/reorder tone (as you know in Switzerland they're both the same ;) for a few seconds, and then goes on hook (and that behavior is a standard feature for this PBX).

:-) I thought so but I have been testing with an IP Communicator and the busy tone doesn't end. The other thing I noticed is that if I hang up a call using the webdialer, this behaviour doesn't occur. Isn't the webdialer service using JTAPI also?

Since it is running directly on the CCM I doubt the webdialer is using JTAPI. A while before Cisco started with their Mobility solution, I wrote my own demo app for a project we eventually lost.. it used JTAPI and made simultaneous outgoing calls to your cellphone and office phone and I terminated the superfluous call via the same mechanism you use and I don't recall anything untoward happening.

ok, thanks...was just wondering if the behaviour could be avoided before the customer asks :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: