cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP and CLID

yxsjwsb
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer with multiple sites, and many having local analog trunks, we know we cannot get clid but i am trying to find a way to stop the screen on the phone from showing "unknown number". Is there a way to get this to show anything else when a call comes in?

2 Replies 2

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Take a look at the following CallManager service parameters. This is for 4.1(3) but there should be something similar in other versions.

Let us know if that helps, Lelio.

Please rate helpful posts.

Unknown Caller ID : This parameter designates a number to be displayed to called parties for inbound calls that have no caller ID information. For the number specified here to display to called parties, set the Unknown Caller ID Flag parameter to True.

Maximum length: 82.

Allowed values: Up to 82 digits (0-9).

Unknown Caller ID Flag : This parameter enables the Unknown Caller ID and Unknown Caller ID Text parameters. If this parameter is set to True, the information that is provided in the Unknown Caller ID and Unknown Caller ID Text parameters displays to called parties for inbound calls that are received without caller ID information. Valid values specify True (display the information specified in the Unknown Caller ID and Unknown Caller ID Text parameters) or False (do not provide any unknown caller ID information). Keep this parameter set to the default value unless a Cisco support engineer instructs otherwise.

This is a required field.

Default: true.

Unknown Caller ID Text : This parameter specifies the text that displays to called parties for inbound calls that have no caller ID information; for example, Unknown Caller. For the text that is specified in this parameter to display to called parties, set the Unknown Caller ID Flag parameter to True.

Maximum length: 23.

I only see the field "Unknown Caller ID Flag" it is set to true, can this cause any problems changing to false? and can this be done anytime, will it affect the system? i.e. reboot, or resetting of phones?