cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2940 boot problem

ssnow
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Catalyst 2940 that stops booting after ASIC init passed. The syst light flashes green and there is a green light over port 1. I cannot break into the boot routine using the same sequence for recovering the password, the switch still attempts to boot normally. It loads the image in flash, passes the post system board and ethernet controller tests and the ASIC initialization test then stops. Since the lights are green I am hoping it is not a hardware failure. Is there another way to break into this switch?

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

If multiple boot statements are found in the configuration, the system will move top down through the list until it finds an accessible and working image. Adding an additional boot statement to an existing set will see this new boot statement added at the bottom of the list.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_paper0900aecd805457cc.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: