cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO card and rotary systems (line hunts)

paul_alexander
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with a 4 port FXO card accepting a second call on a line hunt or rotary system. They are normal analogue lines, but its one main number that is used for the additional lines.

My understanding is that when an exchange is enabled for this, it uses different signaling that traditional PABX's understand.

My voice port configuration on my CME routers is standard for a normal PSTN line, and I think thats where im going wrong.

I live in Australia if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

Paul.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

There is no reason for the exchange to use different signaling for hunt groups than for a single line.

If you problem is that the lines remain taken, that is normal for FXO with lack of supervisory disconnect:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Or what problem do you have ?

There are two PSTN lines, both have individual numbers, but one of them is their "main" number.

When called, it will use the first line, if that line is busy it will ring on the second line.

The router will accept the call on the first line, but when you call the number again (while the first one is active) the the router doesn't even recognize the incoming call on the second port.

Yet it seems to work with their existing PBX.

It's not the FXO port either because when I swap the lines around the same physical line will ring first and is answered by the port.

What really confuses me is, when the first line is answered by CCM. If you detach the second line from the router and plug it into the PABX and call the main number agian....it rings the second one....

Hello,

that should not happen. Please collect output of "Term mon" and "debug vpm signal" when calling

each line by their individual number, and making two calls to the pilot number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: