cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941G power/start-up problem

stefwamburu
Level 1
Level 1

I powered a 7941G and the headset, mute and speaker buttons display steady LEDs, the phones also gives a jittery noise and the LCD is blank. None of the buttons are active. previously the phone had powered normally.

Any one ever come across such a case? What advice can you suggest?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the only thing you can tray is a factory reset.

Follow the procedure detailed at:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K43691258

the difference is that in your case the phone will look for a file called term41.default.loads, this file must be on your TFTP server together with the individual components of a recent phone load.

Good luck!

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I tried the same procedure for factory reset in several 7911 IP phones, but it seems that the factory reset never ends. The light on the handle keeps blinking all the time. How long it takes for a 7911 phone to factory reset ?

When I tried this procedure to 7961 IP phones, it only takes a while. The default load for 7911 and 7961 exist in my TFTP server, so it's not the problem.

Strangely, when I tried the last procedure in the TAC case which is using the sequence 3491672850*# in my 7911 IP phones, the lights change into red, but after a while the phones hang and cannot be recovered anymore.

So, what do you think ? Did I miss something ? Thanks.

Regards,

Wiyandi

Hi,

can you monitor the TFTP server and check which files are requested by the phone? If you use a router for that purpose, it's very easy with "debug tftp events".

The procedure doesn't take much time, of course if the phone can't get DHCP or TFTP it will fail and repeat forever.

I use Call Manager publisher as TFTP server. Can I use trace to see it? I'm quite certain that the phones can contact the TFTP server. And I observe that when I do the factory reset, the LED blinking forever and the LCD displays the logo of Cisco Systems. Does this procedure always works all the time ?

Yes the procedure works just fine.

Now try this. Download tftp32 (search with google) on you PC. Configure so that does DHCP with option 150 pointing to your PC. Copy all the firmware files on your PC. Connect phone to PC directly. You will be able to see which files the phone is requesting and if you are missing any.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: