Views
Helpful
Replies

sync archive problems

tony-jordan
Level 1
Level 1

re LMS 2.5.1 on W2k.

I'm trying to perform an archive of all configs however I noted that some of the devices from the device selector have greyed out boxes, why has this happened?

7 Replies 7

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

I think this happens when the required credentials for these devices are not yet entered.

Cheers,

Michel

tony-jordan
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the screen shot of what I mean.

These devices are not supported by Config Archive. What type of devices are they? What are their sysObjectIDs? Exactly which version of RME do you have?

The devices are listed under

Cisco Network Modules, Cisco Catalyst 6000 Multilayer Switch Feature Card MSFC3.

Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series Switches, Cisco Catalyst 3560-48TS Switch

all are greyed out.

Running RME ver 4.03 as part of LMS 2.5.1

Ran the following snmpwalk -v 2c -c sysObjectID > sysObjectID.txt

which is attached

Please provide the list of contents in NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\pkgs and NMSROOT\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme. Also, what versions of the Cat3560 and Cat6000IOS RME packages do you have installed?

Ok, here's the attached lists requested, however the actual dates in the zip files are 18/1/07 in both locations.

I checked the version of the packages (common services, software centre device update) and it stated ver 1.0.

Interesting to note as well that there are no device type counts for for Campus Manager or CS albeit for a package called MDF ver 1.6

Cheers

Tony

You don't have a Cat3560 package so that explains why those devices show as unsupported. The latest version of the Cat6000IOS package is 6.0.

What you should do is go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update and select Common Services and Resource Manager Essentials. Then click Check for Updates. Select Cisco.com as the Source Location. When it returns the list, check everything, and install. If all goes well, that should give you latest Cat6000IOS and Cat3560 packages which should then allow you to fully manage these devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco