cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block internacional calls in one dial number

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I need to block an international calls (it begins by 00 in my country) only to one extension.

Can anybody say me how can I do it?.

19 Replies 19

dgoodridge
Level 1
Level 1

If using Call Manager then the usual method is to put in a structure of different Call Searching Spaces and Partitions.

For example:

National Dial CSS

International CSS

National PT

International PT

The International CSS can see both National and International Partitions whereas the National CSS can only see the National Partition. Associated route patterns should be created an placed in the relevant PT with the one matching '00' being in the International one.

Then you simply give the users phones the corresponding CSS and away you go.

Otherwise if you are not using a CM then you can do some translation on the gateway matching the Calling number and single the extension out that way.

I hope that helps,

Doug

This seem a good solution but I forgot say that I have a route pattern permitting all international calls and now I want to block international calls only for one dial number.

Is your solution possible in this scenario?.

I said to you partiton and calling search spaces configuration that I have, maybe it helps you to give me an answer.

I have a partition that has all internal phones group in my net and a partition for each office in my net (there are twelve) to route external calls.

I have too a CSS for each office that has asiggned the PT that I said before.

I hope I have explained myself well.

I use CCM 4.1.

Your second option seems to be very interesting but I don't know to do it.

Can you help me?.

Just create another CSS and apply it for that extension.

Permit only the partitions you want in the CSS Partition Search List.(you can too make a specific pattern to include in the CSS that blocks calls starting with 00)

If this doesnt help, can you be more specific about your configuration?

LT

I can't do that.

I created a CSS that I assigned to an extension that I want to block international calls an after I assigned this CSS to a partition that respresents external calls to office that phone belongs. All good for the moment but when I add a blocked route pattern that begins with 00! to this partition call manager says me that I can't do that because this is a route pattern with the same partition and route list existing. This is a true thing because I had route pattern that permit international calls for each partition.

I hope I have explained myself well.

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Your comment "I want to block international calls only for one dial number", Do u mean 2 block the called no, then create a separate route pattern (e.g to block users to dial 009221xxxxxxx) then select "Block this pattern".

If this helps then rate the post OR elaborate more

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ignore my last post please.

You want 2 block 00 dial for one of the existing extension.

Create One more partition named "Restricted 00", apply this partition on that extension.

& include "REstricted partition" only in National CSS, dont include in International CSS. In this way u can include desired extensions in "restricted 00" partition to do the same in future. This is scalable.

HTH, please rate the post

This isn't helpful for me because how that I said before I have partitions in each office for all outoging calls without diference of national and international calls.

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

post ur route pattern(s)

I can't post all my route patterns here I will be writting things that I mustn't to put here.

I said to you that I have route patterns that begins with 00! (international numbers format of my country's international calls) permited to all external partitions.

This external partitions represents in my call manager all outgoing calls and there is one for each office.

It sounds like you need to do the following:

1) Create a new empty partition for International Calls.

2) Add this partition to the existing CSS's that all the phones use.

3) Move the international route pattern into this new PT. (Step 2 ensures that no calls will be lost)

4) Create a new restrictive CSS and copy the contents of the normal CSS EXCEPT the international partition.

5) Manually assign the new restrictive CSS to the extension.

That should work if I've understood you correctly.

Thanks,

Doug

It sounds very good but I have 15 CSS configured.

Must I configure it one for one like you say me in step 2?.

Can you say me another solution?.

Hola Carlos!

If I have understood your problem, you should change your 15 CSS. Anyway this won't take you too much time...

Regards,

Javi

There will be another best, professional and scalable solution.

Let's check this again:

You want to block everyone (main building and 12 offices) to dial a pre-determined specific international extension?

Have you tried creating a translation pattern, that converts that number into another number, routing the call to the helpdesk..maybe? (translation patterns are checked before route patterns...)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: