cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP AS-Path

dbnorton
Level 1
Level 1

I have two locations that connect up to an MPLS cloud via a DS3 at one site and an OC3 at the other site as well as a local fiber connection between the two of them. I am using BGP for my routing in the MPLS cloud. The circuit between the two sites I am using EIGRP for the routing. In the event the fiber goes down I need both sites to function individually, but in the event that either the DS3 I want the traffic from that site route across the local fiber connection to the other site and access the MPLS cloud via the OC3 and vice a versa. I know that I can use the as-path prepend command to accomplish this but I need some help trying to get it to work. At the site with the OC3 I want to advertise the networks that live at that site without prepending the AS and only prepend AS to the networks that live were the DS3 is and visa versa. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Dustin

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Dustin,

Can you post a brief network diagram.

Narayan

Here are some diagrams of how I would like it to work.

Here are some more diagrams

dbnorton
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone out there that could help me with this? Please!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card