cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting a 1131AP to join a controller in a different Mobility Group...

da.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I have three WiSM's or 6 controllers. The last WiSM we installed I have configured with a different mobility group due to the rev. of code that is on the new one. The new one is at 4.0.217.0 and the old ones are at 3.2.171.6. Since the old controllers randomly reboot, I didn't want to put a new controller that would require an upgrade to the AP in the same group. Since I have over 350 AP's, this could take down most of my wireless network.

My question is how can I get an AP from the first mobility group to join a controller in the second mobility group? I am using DNS to get the AP's to the controllers, not DHCP option 43. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance...

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

Every AP will be having an option of primary,secondary and teritary controller.

So click on the AP which you want to move to different controller on different mobility group and configure that controller system name into primary controller option in that AP and Apply the settings and then reset the AP.

This AP will go and join new controller.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

My experience is that Pri/Sec/Ter assignment does NOT work across different Mobility Groups. Has anyone else had success in assigning Pri/Sec/Ter controller sysnames in a different Mobility Group?

Thanks.

mjk

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card