Macro Application Name with a wildcard

Unanswered Question
May 30th, 2007

I have a helpdesk application that change the application title when you are in different screens within the app. This is preventing the CAD from executin the macro and popping open the scren with the existing ticket number.

Is there a way to use a wildcard (*) in the application name? Something like this:

[APPLICATION:BENDATAWINHEAT=CALL LOGGING*]

Original Macro:

[APPLICATION:BENDATAWINHEAT=CALL LOGGING - WORK GROUP NEW CALL]

[CONTROL] G

[ENTERPRISE FIELD:TICKETNUMBER]

[ENTER]

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Russell La Plante Mon, 03/24/2008 - 15:05

Did you ever get a reply to this or get it working. We are also using heat (8.4) and IPCC 5.01

Thanks

msmalley Mon, 03/24/2008 - 20:31

I did. The answer is to just use:

[APPLICATION:BENDATAWINHEAT=CALL LOGGING]

[CONTROL] G

[ENTERPRISE FIELD:TICKETNUMBER]

[ENTER]

The agent desktop will look for the closest match.

Please rate helpful posts.

bombachris Wed, 01/06/2010 - 06:00

Have you been able to use the [ALT] keystroke within Heat?  I have a customer running Heat 8.4.0, Build 19 and when I send the command "[ALT] R" Heat doesn't recognize it.  I want to do a lookup on the customer caller id.  I have:

[F5]

[DELAY] 500

[ENTER]

[DELAY] 500

[ALT] R

[DELAY] 500

I

[DELAY] 500

[END]

[DELAY] 500

[UP-ARROW]

[DELAY] 500

[ALT] V

[DELAY] 500

[DATA FIELD:CALLING#]

[DELAY] 500

[ENTER]

Anywhere I have the ALT command it doesn't recognize it.

Chris

Russell La Plante Wed, 01/06/2010 - 07:38

Looking through your macro I think you are using the Alt key to select the apps pull down menus and then an option within that menu.  I do use the alt key successfully but not in the same way you are attempting to.  My use is programmed into Heat as a keyboard shortcuts.  If you look at the View Menu the Alt 1, alt 2 etc are programed int to heat.  I do not think that generic use of alt would work but I've never tried.

[APPLICATION:=CALL LOGGING]
[DELAY] 1500
[CONTROL] N
[DELAY] 2500
[DATA FIELD:CALLING#]
[TAB]
[DELAY] 1000
[ALT] 1

What is your end goal to accomplish?  You want to look up the customer ID but for what purpose?  If it is to populate the Heat caller subset  info we do it a bit differently.  As you can see I grab the calling # from CAD and populate the extension in the Heat callerid subset.  Then tab away from that field.  With Heats validation rules setup the CallerID (LoginID), First Name, Last, email etc are all populated/validated agaist the extension.  The Alt 1 simply move the active field to the call description.

Not sure if that will help or not.

bombachris Wed, 01/06/2010 - 10:13

I figured it out.  My Customer ID is not the phone number.  I need a Heat dev to open up the "Phone" field to me so when I hit [CONTROL] N, I would have to [TAB] over to the Phone field then insert the CALLING# data.  From there I can [TAB] and auto fill the rest of the record.

I was trying to do an [F5] and search for the customer then select the customer then open a new ticket with that information.  The auto fill is much easier.

Chris

Russell La Plante Wed, 01/06/2010 - 10:27

You can change the Tab order in heat by going into the

quick customize mode.  Opening the subset form in question and Set tab order under Form.  I have not needed to lock / unlock fields before so I'm no help there.

nkobayashi123 Thu, 04/19/2012 - 13:40

Hi Chris,  Currently, we are using UCCX 8 premium version  and  using BMC Service Desk Express (Used to be Called Magic) and I would like to configure following...

when an agent answers a call, a new ticket will be automatically open on the agent's screen. (with customer's information filled)    I configured the a new ticket to be opened on the PC but not with customer's information...... never worked with Macro...   Could you share with me how you wrote your Macro ?

I really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,

Nana

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 30, 2007 at 8:50 AM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:
Views:454 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.