Emergency Responder

Unanswered Question
May 30th, 2007

We have purchased Cisco Emergency Responder for our campuses Cisco phone network, however we are unsure if it will be able to handle what we need. Every phone has a DID, so we do not need CER for the Callback features, more than anything we would like to use it to track phone locations based on the switch port they are plugged into. We want CER to send out this location information whenever a emergency call Is made. We are wondering if CER will be able to handle the large amount of Emergency response locations, if it is only being used for this purpose and not the extension management portion? Does anyone have any experience with this.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jason-calbert_2 Wed, 05/30/2007 - 17:14

We have 7000 DID numbers and use Emergency responder. We are a school district so we have about 85 different campuses/locations. This works fine for us. We have about 15 different people we alert for any 911 call at any one campus However per campus we have six numbers that we use for calling the PSAP. This is useless but I did not find a way around not having to use the callback feature.

How many differnt lacations do you have? Explain a little more about your setup and I may be able to help more.

HTH

Jason

Actions

This Discussion