cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder 1.3

getdan
Level 1
Level 1

How do I get ER to show the extension of the phone in the 'Swtich Port Details'. Everything is configured and working with SNMP running...

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The details is left blank, unless Cisco magically switched something since 1.1. The details are meant for the admin to put informmation into this. Example, I exported my CER table to CSV/Excel. Updated all the Details fields to show the lcoation where the phone is. If the phone was unplugged and moved to a different switchport, then the switch detail is still the same location, but the extension is blank (or if another phone is plugged, the extension is updated with that location.)

Facilities likes this :) but a pain to setup :(

Thats weird because I just did another install last week and the extensions populated in the extension field. I thought like you said that they had to be put in manually. I wonder what I did wrong at the pervious install, I hope I can do it again

Oh wait, you are correct. If CDP is working correctly, and your CER should be connected to the CCM database, it should all work. But you are correct, normally the extension is auto populated in the field. but it pulls this all down through CDP and CCM. The description field, is what we fill in manually. (cube location, etc)

How do I check to see if CDP is working correctly?