cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail ports disconnecting from Call Manager

marion.barnes
Level 1
Level 1

I been having issue with voicemail ports disconnecting from the call manager. I have 8 voicemail ports configured for one cluster and 8 for the other.

Cisco Unity-CM TSP device 15 (Cisco Unity port 12): Disconnected from Cisco Call Manager

If there are many of these messages in sequence from the same device 15, this port may not be functioning any more. Check to see that it is answering calls, and the server may need to be restarted to activate the port again.

The version of Unity is 4.2 Build 4.2(1)

Call Manager Version is 4.2(3)sr1

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version TSP are you running? Log into Unity console and open up the UTIM and check the version. It could be old and need updating.

If not, maybe a simple reboot of Unity will clear it all out.

8.1(3)

That is the latest and greatest. Is this a new integration or has it been running for a while?

I have recently moved 8 of our voicemail ports to a new call manager cluster about two weeks ago. I only have issues with the voicemail port I moved to the new cluster.

yeah, thats a little odd. i would first start with rebooting Unity after hours and see what happens. This will reset the TSPs to each ccm and resynce everything backup. Worst case, delete the TSPs connected to that CCM and rebuild them from scratch. I have had issues in the past I could not figure out. But my last resort was to delete the integration and start over.

Is there a document that can help with the intergation of voicemail ports. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

It's pretty straight forward. If you had it working, and it was working, I would say start with a reboot of Unity.

Also check out this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008081275e.shtml

Is the network topology between Unity and this second cluster significantly different than the first? Those disconnect errors could be a symptom of connectivity problems between Unity and CCM. Do you see the ports automatically reconnecting after some time?

Are you sure you even need dedicated ports for this second cluster? With your version of CCM, I would think you could set up Inter-Cluster Trunks that will support centralized voicemail (i.e. with the right dialplan, RDNIS and MWI and such can be passed across the ICT so that Unity only needs direct connection to one of the clusters).

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: