External phone mask, having an issue trying to resolve this

Unanswered Question
May 30th, 2007

All, I hate to do this, but I cant seem to get this resolved. I have this issue: When I dial from my remote site, which is setup as an SRST. This is CallManager 4.1 by the way. When they place a call, it shows up on Caller ID as the main site phone number. I cant seem to figure out where it does this from. On the DN, is shows 555555XXXX. Thats not the number it shows. I cant seem to figure out where this is located. I tried to put the number that I want it to show in the route list, but I have not reset it yet. Is there any other places I might be able to find this out, because I cant seem to find anywhere where the main number is for this particular site. Any place to look, plus any of those places that might override the others sure would help me understand and get this resolved. THanks for the help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jjoseph01 Thu, 05/31/2007 - 05:32

Did this in the route pattern, did this in the route list. still the issue is there. Ill have to debug on the gateway I guess to see if its coming in like its supposed to.

jjoseph01 Thu, 05/31/2007 - 11:18

Is it possible that the phone company could be controlling what the outbound call mask is? no matter what I change, I cant get it to work correctly. Any ideas if the phone company can do that or not?

metalium2007 Thu, 05/31/2007 - 11:25

you have a remote site and all the calls that come from that site have the same identification equal to the main number? is this the issue?

Yes, the phone company can control it, making all the calls leave the router with the main number (in my case is the one that terminates in 0)

yxsjwsb Thu, 05/31/2007 - 11:30

You can debug isdn q931 on the router where the trunks are and make sure you are sending the correct number, if so network has to have the number in their screening table for it to be passed out

This Discussion