cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA 5.1(1) or 5.1(2) Install

rlaplante
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to install DMA to run through a 4.1(3) to 5.1(1) upgrade. DMA will not install. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

I find these entries in the log files

DMAInstall <date>.log

14:40:27: IDSInst4.

fo 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action IDSInst4 script error -2146827850, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'CurrentDirectory' Line 4, Column 1,

Action

14:40:28: DMAInstall.cpp: fnUpdateSilentINI: Error: silent.ini cannot be read.

14:40:28: DMAInstall.cpp: fnUpdateSilentINI: Error: File scanned, but cannot find data in silent.ini. Please verify the content of silent.ini.

14:40:28: DMAInstall.cpp: fnUpdateSilentINI: <-- fnUpdateSilentINI

14:40:28: DMAInstall.cpp: fnInstallIDS: Error: fnParseParms() returned 1603

DMAInstUI.log

05/30/2007 13:36:20.777 DMAInstall.cpp fnInstallIDS Error: fnParseParms() returned 1603

2 Replies 2

rlaplante
Level 1
Level 1

Issue Resolved.

The version of Windows Script Host was 5.1. Downloaded and installed it before reinstalling DMA and it went fine.

From a cmd propmt enter cscript to note the version

Thank TAC for leading me to the fix.

Hi Russell,

Thanks for posting back this fix. It's very great when people take the time to do this. 5 points for helping others with this answer!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: