cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 User Tracking has too many end hosts

chris43290
Level 1
Level 1

I just updated from 2.5.1 to 2.6 and the User Tracking data in Campus manager reads 43,310 end hosts. How can I delete the data and grab new information? There are around 4,000 to 5,000 end hosts total on the network.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this is an upgrade, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database before the fix for all of the known UT duplicate entry bugs can take effect. After you perform the reinit, do another Data Collection followed by a UT major acquisition, these entries should not come back.

To reinitialize the ANI database, run the following:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this is an upgrade, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database before the fix for all of the known UT duplicate entry bugs can take effect. After you perform the reinit, do another Data Collection followed by a UT major acquisition, these entries should not come back.

To reinitialize the ANI database, run the following:

Can you be more specific on how to run this command? like what program?

I specified the command line:

NMSROOT is the path into which you installed CiscoWorks (e.g. C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx on Windows and /opt/CSCOpx on Solaris). If you are running this command on Windows, you will need to replace each '/' with '\'.

Just run that command in a shell, and it will walk you through the procedure.

I think this worked. Waiting another 20-30min for the server to re-instalize

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: