Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 and CCM 5.x

dmitry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Awhile ago (last Dec.) there was a post by jclarke about the fact that the CCM ver 5.x does not have much of the support in LMS 2.6 (User - phone tracking in LMS Campus). I was wondering if anything has changed in this regard; from my attempts to get this going it seems like the problem (lack of support) is still there. Just maybe some one had a positive experience with that.

According to Cisco's admin guide for CCM 5.x it is the same MIB - Cisco-CCM-MIB (well, at least the name) and yet the LMS cannot see into CCM any farther than MIB2 and there is no info about the phones (descriptions, directory numbers, registration status) in the user tracking.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID from this CCM? I will check on the current support ETA.

It is enterprises.9.1.584 or ciscoProducts.584

Thanks

There is still currently no plan to support this CCM. At this point you should open a TAC service request asking for support for this device. You should also ask your sales team to file a product enhancement request which will build a business case to support this MCS.

Thanks for info, will it be true for the other versions of CCM: 5.0.4, 5.1.2, the newer ver 6? I mean if the new feature (support) request is implemented by Cisco for 5.0.2 and later on this CCM is upgraded to 5.1.2 will the LMS still recognize this?

Hi Dmitry.

I'm wondering if something along the lines of CUOM (Cisco Unified Operations Manager) would meet your needs? Here, the supported device list:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/ipcom/devsuprt/omdvsp10.htm

which does indicate that indeed your call manager is supported, and here is the quick start guide which will give you a brief overview of its capabilities:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/ipcom/qsguide/icom1qsg.htm

(note, this is not the doc's to the newest version of the software, but should be a good place to start).

Hope this helps,

-Joe R.

As long as the sysObjectID doesn't change, and instrumentation remains the same, providing support for this CCM will mean support for later versions will be trivial if not automatic.

Thanks for the links, will give it a try

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: