cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF ?? Adjancey and LSA

shaila_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys, i didnt understand 1 thing, when i connect two routers on a serial link and use ospf they perfectly form the adjancey, now if i shut down the interface on 1 router the adjancey goes down but when i check show ip ospf database i can still see the neighbours LSAs !!! why ?? if the neighbour is down than wats the use of keeping its LSA ?? plz answer my 2 questions

1) why its keeping the neighbours LSA ???

2) if i want that as soon as the neighbour is down all LSA that are associated with that neighbour should also be deleted then how will i do it ??

plz tell me

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

HI ,

how long these lsa's are present once the neighbor is down ?

Thanks,

Satish

Sorry sir for the late reply, i have checked it but not completely it was there for a bit long time i guess it would be there for 30 mins, so wat i should do abt it, my first confusion is why the lsa is even there ??? when the adjancey is down doesnt it should discard all the information receievd from that neighbour ???

plz tell me

thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card